Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ta, Cheers & More to My Aussie Mates

Royal National Park


Last yummy dessert at the Lindt chocolate cafe with Shaheen



Sea Bay Pizza with Emma and Ryan - sooooo many dumplings



Last day in Oz - Almost surfing at Manly with Victoria (ended up swimming instead ;)


Last dinner in Oz with Jenn, Carlos, and Gabriel in Newtown - last Aussie fish n' chips!



Yesterday I moved to Singapore. I don't know how many people can say that! It sounds quite exotic to me :)

In the Aussie (and 'Strine') spirit, as I was leaving Australia after 5 amazing weeks, I found myself thinking "Bloody Oath, are you taking the mickey outta me?" to so many things. Here are the Top 10:
  1. Bloody Oath! I've been here 5 weeks! Does Australia time go faster? I feel like it's passed by in a blink!
  2. Bloody Oath! Everyone so incredibly friendly, awesome and welcoming!
  3. Bloody Oath! I only had 1 pavlova the entire time I was there- for shame!
  4. Bloody Oath! Vegemite still tastes as bad as it did the first time I tried it (not a taste I'm acquiring...)
  5. Bloody Oath! There was an entire fridge of beer in the office that lasted for 4 days without being emptied!
  6. Bloody Oath! I won't get to watch the funny little train take tourists the 300 metres around Darling Harbour anymore!
  7. Bloody Oath! After 5 weeks the only words I can say with a semi-convincing Australian accent are "G'Day" and "Pavlova."
  8. Bloody Oath! What an amazing group of people here, I can't believe I'll no longer be able to see them every day!
  9. Bloody Oath! I've met so many amazing mates!
  10. Bloody Oath! I'm gonna miss it!
I also want to give a special shout out to Jenn, Kate, Shaheen, Tristan, and many more people who went out of their ways to help me make the most of my time in Australia. From monsoonal beach picnics, to watching footie with the mates, to haunted hotels and margaritas at Orbit, to an amazing evening on the water and so many other things- I had an amazing time in Oz.

If you enjoy my meagre attempts at Strine, you may also enjoy my Strine Story for Beddy-Byes that I wrote in Perth with the help of my best Aussie mates :)

But for now, I must close my Australian session, so that I can get onto the next great adventure - I moved to Singapore today!

No comments: